Sunday, October 14, 2007

Butter cookies & Baked Donut

I baked this on Wed evening for my nephew's party.

Finally put my mini donut pan into use, this is in addition to the cupcakes and cookies for my nephew. This is a very quick and easy recipe that I have adopted, however, the quantity called for is good for 24 mini donut and I have only 12pc pan. Hence, I will have to bake them in 2 batches.


For the toppings, I melt some left over bitter-sweet chocolate, adding in some freshmilk to thicken them. When done with this, I realised that the chocolate toppings will not stick to the donut when dipped (Was it due to the fact that I did not dip immediately into the chocolate frosting when the donut is still warm?). So, I put them into a piping bag and piped them on top of the donut. My girl helped to decorate them using mini M&Ms and colour beads.


Here's a closed up of the donut.

2 comments:

sweet-tooth said...

the donuts look really cute!

JY said...

Hi Sweet-tooth,

thanks for dropping by.