Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2 birthday cake order


I have an last minute order for 2 cakes to be delivered tmr, for a 4 yr old boy's birthday and I spent the whole of today's evening fullfilling it (it takes me from 7.30pm to 12.30am).

As they have no idea what cake for the school, I have suggested this 13 by 9" (2.5kg) cake. I have used the Chocolate Layer cake recipe but, multiply all ingredients by 2.

This is the simpliest & easiest design that I can come out with, covering the whole cake with the Chocolate frosting left, using whipped cream plus drops of colours on the wording. Yet, I know, I need to polish up my writing skill with the piping bag. Hope the boy will like it.


This is the 2nd cake that the mommy chose. It's Japanese cheesecake which will be use to celebrate the little man's birthday with his family, I thought, it will be too plain without any decorations. So, I drew a simple boy face since I have some chocolate frosting left over from my previous bake!


A little tip: If you use turning out method for cheesecake, you can sprinkle some icing sugar on the rack, then turn over, the top will not 'peel' off.

No comments: