Monday, October 22, 2007

Quick GreenTea Muffins

I have promised a girl in my client's office that I will make some muffins on my last day at their office. However, I have cleaned forget about it until I woke up this morning. Hence, I made this in rush of less than 1hour (including baking time).

The recipe is supposed to yield 12 mufifns, however, I want more fully filled muffins, so, I spooned the mixture into only 10 muffin cups.


These muffins called for more greentea powder and hence the taste of greentea is much stronger than the previous batch. I have obmitted the chocolate this time as dear hubby commented that the chocolate chips will cover the taste of greentea.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients (I used 10mins to gather these)

  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar (original recipe called for 1 cup)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2tsp greentea powder (I used 'Red Man' bakable greentea)
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used slim milk)
  • 1 stick butter (wonder how much is 1 stick, so used 100gm that is called for in another muffin recipe)
  • 2 eggs (not stated size, so used 1 big, 1 medium)

Method:
1. Sift together flour, soda, greentea and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter until light, add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in dry ingredients in 3 portions alternating with milk until just incorporated (do not overmixed) - I used 10mins to do this.
4. Spoon bater into lined muffin try and bake at 175degC for 25 to 30mins.

2 comments:

sherlyn said...

hi there,

what is AP flour? You certainly do things v fast hor... a pity my family (accept me) do not like green tea stuff.

how much did u get this white muffin cup for?

JY said...

Hi Sherlyn,

AP flour = All Purpose flour

I have forgotten the price for the white cups.