Sunday, October 14, 2007

Greentea/Chocolate Chip cupcakes vs Lemon Yoghurt Cupcake

Woke up at 7am to make these cupcakes & donuts as I have to send my girl to enrichment class at 10am.
My sil asked me to make Brownie for my nephew's birthday in addition to the Birthday cake from Angies the Choice. I was very reluctant to make the brownie as I have just made one few days back. So I decided to make Greentea and Chocolate cupcakes. However, my mom is not keen in anything to do with greentea, so I have to make another cupcakes flavour. As I browse through the internet for a recipe, I came across this Lemon Yoghurt cupcake. This settles for the additional cake for the party.
I used buttercream frosting for the toppings, added some cocoa powder for the greentea cupcakes while the Lemon Yoghurt ones are left just with original frosting (should have added some lemon juice/extract to enhance the flavour of lemon in the cupcake)

I like the colours of these freshly baked greentea cupcakes!


I left this in the oven for about 20mins, and after leaving it in the rack to cool down, I tried one, then thought it could be undercooked, hence, they are popped into the oven for another 5mins. The frosting and decorations are made after I got back home at about 11.30am.

As this is my first attempt using the 'Red Man' greentea bakable powder, I have no idea how it will taste like until I reach my bro's house. It is very refreshing and the cake is not very sweet, this is make up by the frosting which calls for 3cup of confectionery's sugar.


My girl helped me to sprinkle the colourful beads on the frosting. I like the sourness & lemony taste in this version of cupcakes.

No comments: