Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wholemeal Bread or Muffin??

Since not going out, might as well make some bread to my likings.. not sure my girl will eat since she don't fancy wholemeal stuff.. However, I believe the boy will gobble everything!As expected, when the bread is done, I asked the girl if she wants to try, she rejected, saying she wants white bread! :( No choice, will have to ask helper to make it tmr following how I did today.




The muffin mould the dough made the crust very stiff, however, when I tore it, it's soft & springy. Taste wise, I like it very much!

Ingredients cater for 1 loaf tin:

  • 200gm bread flour
  • 50gm whole wheat flour
  • 40gm butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 40gm brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp instant dry yeast

How I do it:

1. Mix water, sugar, egg, dry yeast in a large bowl. Beat at low speed until well blended. Add the flour, change to medium speed until well the dough is smooth. Cut in the butter at low speen until well mixed. Again change to medium speed and mix until the dough can be stretched into a thin sheet.

2. Remove from mixer and place in a greased bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise for 90mins.

3. Divide and knead dough into shape as desired. and let rest on the working table for 10mins. Shaped again and place dough on a greased baking sheet to rest for 15 to 20mins.

4. With a rolling pin, roll each dough into square piece( I skipped this step). Then use hand to mould the dough and place them into the baking tin, cover with damp cloth and let it rise till abt 90% of the tin.

5. Score the top with flour knife (I tried this, however, the cut is not deep enough to have the cut impression) and place them in the oven (preheat to 170deg c) and bake for 25 to 30mins (or golden brown).

3 comments:

sherlyn said...

I think i will bake into muffin style, then no nid to cut hahaha

Happy Homebaker said...

looks like a lot of baking you have done over the weekend! hope you don't mind, it seems like I have found someone who is as crazy as me?! I'll love to be able to bake everyday just like you :p

JY said...

HHB,

No, I dun mind at all.. as long as there is eaters, I will bake as much as possible.. :)