Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mixed Berries Yoghurt Muffins

I must be crazy today! Made 3 types of bread, mini donuts and now: muffins!
While browsing Happy Hombaker's blog, MIL asked if the muffins were made by me? I said no, somehow, I can make some too, very easy. Hence, here's what I got! Get into baking again..
Using balance of plain yoghurt from making mini donuts, add half cup Mixed Berries Yoghurt, add some lemon juice....
Presenting my creation of Mixed Berries Yoghurt Muffins.


I am too eagle to try this creation, so, peel open before it's cooled. The crust is crispy, taste yummy, with a little sour, fruity, sweetness is just right.
Ingredients (makes 12 medium size muffins):

  • 200gm Top Flour
  • 2tsp baking powder
  • 4tsp lemon juice
  • 50gm plain yoghurt
  • 100gm mixed berries yoghurt
  • 100gm brown sugar
  • 100gm butter
  • 2 eggs

How I do it:

  1. Melt butter and sugar in double boiler, stir with hand whisk till well blend. Cool slightly.
  2. Add yoghurt, lemon juice, eggs into the butter mixture, stir till combine.
  3. Add sifted flour and baking powder and fold lightly.
  4. Spoon into muffins tray lay with muffin cups till 2/3 full. Bake at 180deg C for 25mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
  5. Cool on wire rack.

4 comments:

sherlyn said...

okie, heres a question for this expert :). How do you decide how many amount of yogurt u need to produce such a muffin?

so many thgs in a day, can finish meh ? Wah super busy wor.

JY said...

I look at the recipe which normally calls for 200ml of yoghurt.
I bring some to office today!

Happy Homebaker said...

Wow, you have been baking a storm in your kitchen ;) Very nice bakes you have made, great job!

JY said...

Thanks, HHB

I have since started full time, so the only day I can bake is Sunday.. hahaha