Sunday, November 25, 2007

Garlic Bread

This is my 2nd attempt to make Garlic bread. This time, the bread yeilds much better, after confirming that I should really wait till the bread is fully proof then cut the top and add the garlic spread, chopped garlic and sesame seeds on it. I have used a 8 inch round baking pan to bake this bread, hence, you could see the round shaped and I think it looks like a big rose, except the centre 'bun' is a little shrink when I tried to take out the bread from the pan.

After trying, I noticed that I did not bake it long enough and it's not fully cooked, however, it did not affect the taste so much. I decided to put it into the oven for another 10 mins. This is a little disappointing! :(

2 comments:

serena said...

Hi! I think your bread do look like a rose. How did you do it? The middle part that shrinks gives your bread character, so I still think it looks good.

JY said...

Hi Serena,

I roll 6 dough into little oblong shape and lay them into 8 inch baking pan during the 2nd proof. Once, they are fully developed, I use scissors to cut the centre and spread the garlic spread, sprinkle chopped garlics and some sesame seeds.