Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Made It!

Since my previous tube pan is dented, I bought another one just to make chiffon cakes. This time, I could say it's successful as the batter raise to the desire height and when I overturn to let it cool, it stayed.

Is the top supposed to be like this? What went wrong? Any kind soul for advice?


When I tried to remove the pan, I think the knife did not went right, hence, there is a little crack!

This is super tasty, not too sweet! Thanks to Aunty Yochana for the recipe, but, I had further reduced the sugar required.

As I am using the 21cm tube pan, there is some mixture left. So I filled the balane using the silicone muffin cup.

Recipe adopted from Yochana's Cake Delight

Ingredients for egg yolk mixture:

5 egg yolks

2 Tbsp. Pandan juice

150 gm. coconut milk

1/4 tsp. salt

4 tbsp. Corn oil

1 tsp. Pandan Paste

1/4 tsp. Green colouring

70 gm. brown caster sugar

140 gm. Cake flour

Egg White Mixture:

5 egg white

1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar

80 gm. brown caster sugar

Method:

(1) Mix all the egg yolk ingredients together and stir till smooth.

(2) Whisk egg white with cream of tartar and gradually pour in the sugar. Whisk at high speed until frothy and stiff peak forms.

(3) Gently fold egg yolk mixture with egg white mixture until blended.

(4) Pour into a 8" (21 cm) tube pan. Bake at 170C for about 40 to 45 min.s or until cooked.

(5) Remove from oven, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely cooled before removing from the pan.

(6) Slice and serve.

7 comments:

sweet-tooth said...

hi!
i once read somewhere that the cracks may have been caused due to the oven temperature being too high.
perhaps you could lower the temperature the next time(:
i hope that helped ;)

JY said...

Thanks Sweet-tooth :)

Aimei said...

Your chiffon looks so nice! COngrats! I love your little ones from silicone cups. :)

JY said...

Hi Aimei,

I like the look in the silicone cups too, but, it dun rise as good as the one in tube pan! They collapse at the end of the baking session.

Esther said...

hi jy

my name is esther. saw your blog from happy homebaking, so that's y m here.. :)

your chiffon cake looks good and tall. would u mind sharing your recipe? i also hv a 21cm tube pan but hv not tried using it as i dunno the amt of ingredient to use. quite scared to bake chiffon cake :\

thx in advance.

rgds
esther

JY said...

Hi Esther,
Thanks for visiting, I have posted the recipe. I used 5 large eggs instead of 6 as stated in original recipe.

Esther said...

Thanks JY for sharing. Will try this out sooner ;)

rgds
esther