Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Birthday!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!



This is the 1st birthday cake I made for myself. I am quite satisfied with the result. Adopting the recipe of Chocolate Torte from Happy Homebaking, However, since I am making a 9" cake, I multiply all ingredients by 1.5 and has replaced Dark Chocolate with Semi-Sweet Chocolate (the only chocolate among my ingredients!
Can't wait to taste the cake! Will update later on the taste.
Below is the colour of the cake without 'dressing up'

I am so happy that the cake is well received and my sis ordered one for her niece's birthday tmr.

2 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Happy Birthday!! I baked myself my first birthday cake too! On the other hand, wouldnt it be nice if someone were to bake a birthday cake for us instead? ;)

JY said...

Thanks, what to do, I'm the only one in the family who can bake! Going to bake another one for my sis's niece tmr. ;)