Sunday, January 20, 2008

1st Egg Tart!

I had wanted to make Strawberry Pie, but instead it turn out to be egg tarts 'cos I do not have the main ingredients: strawberries! This tarts was made using Aunty Yochana's Recipe.

The recipe says use Food Processor to mix all ingredients, I follow through until I was about to roll the dough, then I notice that it is not rollable to form a smooth dough. So I use a Elect Mixer to mx the dough again and chill it. After 20mins, I roll the dough & hand press it into the Muffin Tray (the only tools I have with similar shape). Then I used a fork to press the rim to remove excess dough. This is my tart dough.

After 20mins of baking, this is what I got!

I did a cross section, thinking that the dough is not fully cooked, however, MIL says it's cooked, hence, I did not put them back into the oven. Taste is YUMMY, trustworthy recipe from Aunty Yochana!


2 comments:

sherlyn said...

I love the flowery look crust. Must hv taste lovely .. my kids are egg tarts fan .. always very happy when they gobble up the egg tarts i made. btw, nowadays you dun include recipes anymore?

JY said...

Thanks, I think have to get real tart tray to make so that the side will look nice too. It's a pity that my kids don't even want to take a bite on anything that's not Chocolate!

No time to put recipe.. manage to post pix at home.. will write narration only when free at work!