Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chocolate Cookies

Bought this cookie cutter for quite some time, finally put them into use. I had hard time molding the cookies as the recipe I have used is quite soft. So, we actually mold the dough on the baking tray itself and take out excess dough using a stick, hence, you can see that there are so much mess in between the cookies.

Here's the recipe:

175g Powdered sugar
135g Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1 egg
[200g cake flour
A-[30g cocoa powder
[1/2 tsp baking powder

1. Preheat Oven to 170deg C. Grease a baking sheet. Mix and shift A.
2. Soften the butter at room tempertature. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until fluffy and pale. Add the egg and mix well. Fold in A and salt then mix into a smooth dough. Divide the dough into 40 small balls and place them on a greased baking sheet. I used hand to flatten the ball and use cookie cutter to press them into shapes and decorate as desire.
3. Bake for 10minutes.

3 comments:

sweet-tooth said...

Hi!
These look good!
I used this recipe for my christmas cookies but the dough is still in the fridge, will let you know how they turn out!

sweet-tooth said...

Hi!
The cookies turned out great!
Very yummy :D
I frosted them with royal icing.
I also had a hard time transferring the cut-out cookies to the tray although i refrigerated the dough overnight.

JY said...

Hi Sweet-tooth,

So glad that you like the cookies..

So disappointed that I can't see the output of your creation..